To celebrate our 15th anniversary as a Thermomix distributor in Canada, we held a great recipe contest from January to May!
1- Diane Parent
2- Caroline Julien
3- Darrah Bailey
Prize: a copy of the all-new Canadian cookbook, 50 Recipes from our Home and Native Land
1- Elizabeth Mortier
2- Fannélie Miserez
3- Carole Gagnon
Prize: a Thermomix carrying bag
1- Gaétan Poitras
2- Luc Lambert
3- Sherry Davis
Prize: a beautiful Thermomix embroidered apron
1- Marilou Lafond
2- Jill DiGiovanni
3- To be announced!
Prize: a set of Cacao Barry fine cooking products!
Grand Prize: a complete Thermomix!
Winner: Elizabeth Mortier
Preparation : 40 minutes
Thermomix : 38 minutes
Serving : 4
A recipe from Marie-Jeanne Lapointe, Thermomix Canada
- 375 g pasta
- 1 500 g water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g fresh ginger
- 250 g 15% cream
- 10 g cornstarch
- 100 g julienne zucchini
- 20 g parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato cut into cubes
- Add water and salt into the bowl and program 8 min / 100 °C / speed 1.
- Add pasta through the hole in the lid and cook for time period indicated on the pasta package / 100 °C / reverse blades / speed 1.
- Drain the pasta, transfer in a bowl, the olive oil and set aside.
- Place garlic and ginger in the bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 5.
- Add cream and cook 5 min / 100 °C / speed 1 replacing the measuring cup with the simmering basket.
- Add cornstarch previously diluted in water and program 5 min / 100 °C / speed 3.
- Add zucchini, parsley, salt, pepper and mix 5 sec / speed 3 then cook 3 min / 100 °C / speed 2.
Lay pasta in preheated plates, coat with the cream and ginger sauce and decorate with tomato cubes.
Note : It is possible to keep a little of pasta cooking water and add it to the sauce to make it more liquid.
It’s a real pleasure to cook with the Thermomix, a kitchen appliance combining the functions of more than 10 food processors in one compact unit, for a fast, easy, natural and economic cuisine.
You can do everything in a matter of seconds with the Thermomix, thanks to its multiple functions: grinding, pulverising, kneading, emulsifying, cooking, simmering, etc.…
In addition, the Varoma’s steam cooking intensifies food flavours while preserving nutrients. Vitamins, minerals and trace elements are not lost and ingredients retain their texture and colour.
Simply placed on top of the Thermomix, the Varoma significantly increases the machine’s performance.
Thanks to its unique multi-level design, a complete meal can be cooked in the Varoma‘s trays, in a short period of time, using a single heating source.
Thanks to its easy use, Thermomix helps you prepare complete meals with fresh and natural ingredients: good every day food for the family or refined special dishes for your guests!